General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Task Entity Field Permissions

The permissions builder is fantastic, could a new feature be added to include a Entity Field Permissions. I would like to lock certain fields down for specific users to stop them changing the Owner of tasks. Would need the Admin still to be able to change this where necessary.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Data Grid Field Types

It would be extremely useful to allow certain data types formatting on the data grids e.g. if a Percent datatype chosen, should be allowed to chose the actual % and/or progress bar, datetime choice of Date and/or time etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Import / export Entities to build solutions fast

Sometimes, with multiple databases, I customize one database with an Entitiy that would also work well in another database. I wonder if it would be possible to import/export the Entity (including the Properties, and Workflow) into another database.

Even so, we are still left with the "views" configuration. Therefore, it would seem that the import/export Entity feature would require a two-part process (one for importing the Entity itself, and another for importing the "views".

After the import, one would likely still have to manually set "related views" for the imported Entity (which is to be expected) because its a completely…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Custom Backup Location (FTP, Network Drive, etc)

From the configurator, have the ability to add a custom backup location for network drives or FTP for off-site backup. Also the ability to download a backup copy of the database without having to navigate into the "restore" window.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Be able to right click on a task and move it to archives

In VIP, you could right click on a task and simply select archive. It was a very handy feature and we would like to see it done in CentriQs.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. have the option of being able to preview notes or comments

When you click on the Select Preview Column the only options are notes or none. We would like to be able to preview comments since that is the area we prefer to make our notes.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Anchor Text Name for Hyperlinks

When inserting hyperlinks (primarily to external websites) it would be nice to simply display the "Link Name" rather than the entire URL. This way, we could insert links as follows:

Link Type: (hyperlink)
    Link Name: Adwords Login
    URL: http://www.some-long-url.com/_with-a-long-string.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Folder Colors

Right-click on a folder and change the color for fast access.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Percentage Complete to be entered manually

As it stands, CentriQS automatically calculates the percentage complete only based upon time or you can show the column which will show the percentage complete. This is based solely on time that has elapsed and in no way indicates the physical work done. In other words it just like a watch.

Now, let's assume that you have allocated 10 days on a task and 6 days have elapsed. this would translate to 60% which could erroneously imply, to the owner of the task (not the assignee), that progress on the task is 60 %. However, the assignee may have done…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Display column summary using selected rows instead of all rows in the view

In the layout settings of different type of views, one can configure to create a column summary (count for example).
    The summary is always using all the (filtered) records that are displayed in the view.
    In MS Excel, a count is displayed in the bottom bar that is based on the selected cells.
    It would be a great improvement that the same feature would become available for CentriQS.
    If no line/record is selected, the program should use all the (filtered) records that are displayed in the view to calculate a summary (if any).
    If one or more lines are selected,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. IF we do configuration changes on test database and want implement the same in Live databse. There should be some medium so we can only impo

IF we do configuration changes on test database and want implement the same in Live database. There should be some medium so we can only import only the change part from test database to live one. Kind of merging only the part which i want to be on live database. This will give me option not to take actual live database down for long time to amend the changes again, it is time consuming.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ON SCHEDULE should be renamed to make the intent intuitive

On the General Tab of Task, there is a parameter named On Schedule. This parameter could be ticked or left. As a new user of CentriQS, I thought that the meaning or intent of the parameter was to check if the task was on schedule. In a program, variable naming is extremely crucial in terms of making the program more user friendly.

Now, let's get into the matter.

The parameter, as it turns out, will cause the Remaining argument to be recalculated. In other words, it will cause the program to indicate the time remaining till the Due Date.

In…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Dynamic search folders (filter folders)

It would be nice to be able to create folders that behave like filter, so they show items based on pre defined criteria (a filter). You can compare this with 'Search folders' in Microsoft Outlook'.
    I think this would be more convenient for end users than always having to select filters from the Toolbar, especially when search folders can be setup by an administrator.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Display Projects/Task as Gantt Chart

It would be a great help to show Projekts/Tasks as a Gantt Chart for the big overview.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. custom recurrence pattern

I want my employees to be reminded to get up from their desks and do some short exercise every 2 hours or so. Right now the only way I can achieve it is by setting 12 tasks recurring daily, which is pretty inconvenient and messy. Would it be possible to allow user for setting recurrence pattern of his choice?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Grey out shedule icon in info when sheduled in the past

Currently It's very easy to see wether you have something sheduled or not. The only problem is that we cannot see if we sheduled everything or that the shedule may be in the past and we need to reshedule the remaining time.

My Question is that the shedule icon
    - greyed out when the shedule is in the past.
    - Is sliced in half and the right or left part is greyed out when its not fully sheduled.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Small icon for popup next to fields (instructions, notes) for entering data

Sometimes fields and field labels do not the give user enough information on what or how to fill in that particular field when entering data. First, I see this as a checkbox "option" when creating/editing the field in the Configurator. This would add a small "?" icon next to that field. When the user clicks the "?" next to the field, a small "notes" box would popup giving the user further details about that field.

Moreover, there could be two types of notes: One for "entering" data and one for "viewing" data. The "viewing" notes would appear if the user…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Color Text for Easier Viewing

Originally, the idea came to me for use with analytics only - but after more thought, I see many uses for color text.

For example: in financial view, set conditional logic for text to display RED if Accounts Receivable is past due 30 days - or display GREEN text if balance is over a specific dollar amount (say $1,000).

Another usage method may be to add a "color" selection feature to the "filter" portion of layouts. This way, when you add a new filter to the layout, you could also set a text color for that individual filter.

For example:…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Remaining time is adjusted automically instead of manually

When a Time log is added 'Actual' time will increase its value but 'Remain' will be left unchanged. You need to manually enter the remaining time you still need on a task. It would be more logical if 'Remain' would be decreased automatically and only manually adjusted when you need more time then it automatically calculated.

Example:
    You have a project for constructing a building your calculation team made a Qoutation that estimates 10 days of work.

The employee's make time logs as they work on the project. The time logs will automatically decrease the 'Remaining' work time.

If this…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base